Louis Fitzgerald Group fully respects your right to privacy, and will not collect any personal information about you on this website without your clear permission. Any personal information, which you volunteer Louis Fitzgerald Group, will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Acts, 1988 to 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation.
In operating our website we collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other communication data.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you registered for information or make a purchase. (Please note that we have the ability to retain your contact details should you input them on our website using VeCapture by Ve Interactive, even if you do not complete your registration/transaction/quote by clicking submit.
- Such contact details may be used to contact you to assist with your registration/transaction.
- Information you enter into our booking forms may be collected and stored briefly by us so that we may contact you in relation to the nature of your enquiry/attempted transaction, even if you don’t confirm the transaction.
- This may be used to send operational emails to enquire as to why the transaction was not completed.
We will not use your data for any other purpose, we won’t store it for longer than necessary, and we certainly won’t share it with any other company. Our aim is simply to provide you with the highest level of service that we can.
The Louis Fitzgerald Group
Tel: +353 1 62622379
When you visit our website we collect information via Cookies. This is data about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by the Louis Fitzgerald Group. This information can include:
- Your IP address,
- browser type,
- domain names,
- access times,
- and referring website addresses.
This information is used by the Louis Fitzgerald Group and it’s IT service provider for the operation of the website, to maintain the quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the website. If you decline, a single cookie will be used in your browser to remember your preference not to be tracked.
For further details generally about cookies see:
You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to block them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
You can find further information about managing cookies, blocking or deleting them, at :
At the Louis Fitzgerald Group, we regard your privacy rights as extremely important and we treat them very seriously. This Policy sets out how we collect and process your data and tells you what your rights are about the ways we process your personal information. Please read below for details.
To provide our hospitality service to you in our Hotels, Restaurants, and Bars we maintain a database of personal data about you, our customer. We maintain that data securely and we never sell your data to anyone else.
This Notice is split under several headings – if you click on a heading you will be taken directly to that section. More detailed information is available in several sections, or on request in some instances.
- Who we are and how to contact us
- What information about me do you collect and use, and where do you get my personal data from?
- Do you collect information from children (under 16yr olds)?
- How and why do use my personal information?
- Do you share my information?
- Is my information sent outside the European Union?
- What is the legal basis for your collection and processing of my information?
- What are my rights, and how do I exercise them?
- Can I stop getting emails and other communications from you?
- Is my information secure?
- How long do you keep my information?
- How do I contact the Data Protection Commission?
Who we are and how to contact us
“We” are the Louis Fitzgerald Group, (“the Group”), which is a trading name of Feldway Limited, a company incorporated in Ireland as a limited liability company having registration number 250360 and its registered office at Palmerstown House, Palmerstown, Dublin 20, A45 D625, and is also a trading name for the various Bars, Restaurants and hotels in the Group. Details of the bars, restaurants, and hotels are available on our website www.louisfitzgerald.ie. Each of the businesses in the Group has a notice on the premises giving contact details for the Group.
The DATA CONTROLLER for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation EU2016/679, and the Data Protection Acts 1988 – 2018 is Feldway Limited.
For data protection issues please contact us at:
The Louis Fitzgerald Group,
Tel: +353 1 6262379
What information about me do you collect & use? Where do we get your personal data from?
“Personal data” is data that can identify you, either directly or indirectly, as an identified or identifiable individual.
When you engage with us via the website, or by letter, telephone or personally, we collect personal data in accordance with the law, such as your name, address, contact details and purpose of your enquiry or concern.
We collect data directly from you when you become a guest at one of our properties, for example when you avail of hotel accommodation, or services or attend weddings, conferences or other functions, or when you arrange such functions, conferences or other meetings in our premises, when you make reservations at any of our restaurants or bars, when you enter competitions organised by us or return comment cards, if you join any loyalty scheme in operation, and when an incident involves the collection of personal data to investigate or handle. We collect data when you purchase goods or services, or communicate with us or otherwise connect with us or post to social media pages, or sign up to a newsletter, or take part in any survey, contest or promotional event or offer.
We also receive personal data from travel agents and booking engines during the reservation process.
The personal data we collect includes
- your full name,
- email addresses,
- home and work phone numbers,
- mobile numbers, sex, nationality.,
- date of birth,
- passport details,
- details of family members including children traveling with you, and
- details of other persons in your group, if applicable.
- financial information about you, including
- your bank account details,
- credit card details, and
- other payment details,
- details of contracts you have entered with third parties for us to provide services to you,
- details of your relationship to other parties,
- details of your membership of professional or other organisations,
- your car registration number;
- details of your driving license,
- any other data which you ask us to process on your behalf, or which is necessary for us to process in order to fulfill our role in providing hospitality services to you, including
- food and
- entertainment related services
- Images and video data via security cameras located on the premises
- Guest preferences such as
- your interests,
- food and beverage preferences,
- services and other preferences of which you advise us or we learn during your stay
In certain circumstance, we also collect from you some special category categories of data such as health information which is necessary for us to have to provide a superior and safe service to you, for example, that you suffer from reduced mobility or have special dietary or other requirements which are health-related.
Do you collect information from children (under 16yr olds)?
The services are not directed to children under the age of 16 years and we request that such individuals do not provide personal data to us.
We do obtain data concerning such children from their parents or guardians.
We ensure that in relation to such data we have the consent of the parent(s) or guardians(s) to collect and use such data and we share it only as permitted by the parents or guardians, in accordance with the Data Protection Acts 1988 to 2018 and the GDPR.
We do NOT collect any data from children other than above, and if we discover that we inadvertently have such data we will immediately delete it.
How and why do use my personal information?
We will process your information for the purposes as set out in this Notice, in particular :
- To provide to you our full range of hospitality services, including hotel accommodation, functions such as weddings, meeting and conferences, food and beverage services, and entertainment opportunities.
- Carry out any contractual obligations we have towards you.
- To promote and organise our business.
- To operate the Group website and deliver the response or service you have requested.
- To inform you of other products or services available from the Louis Fitzgerald Group and its affiliates.
- To contact you directly or via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of our existing services or possible new offerings that we may be considering.
- To contact you on behalf of other business partners about offers or services we believe may be of interest to you (we will not disclose your personal data without your consent).
- In addition, the Louis Fitzgerald Group share data with trusted suppliers in order to assist us operate our business, provide customer support, provide computer and other services to us, to provide security services to us, to perform statistical analysis, to contact you via email or by post and to arrange for deliveries All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to the Louis Fitzgerald Group or companies within the Group, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
- We will also process your data to comply with any legal obligation we have and to obey any Court Order.
Do you share my information?
Your data is shared as necessary within the Louis Fitzgerald Group, for business purposes such as internal administration, invoicing, event and services promotion, providing you, your organization or company with our hospitality services, and also as set out below.
We share data with our third-party service providers that perform services on our behalfs, such as web hosting companies, emailing vendors, analytics providers, event hosting services, information technology providers, booking engines and agents, IT service providers, cloud storage providers and our CCTV monitoring partners.
We would also share with service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our assets.
Such sharing takes place only to the extent necessary to perform the services carried out for or on our behalf and making sure that they comply with data protection law.
All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to the Louis Fitzgerald Group and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
The Louis Fitzgerald Group will otherwise disclose your personal information, without notice to you, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on the Louis Fitzgerald Group or the website; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Louis Fitzgerald Group and its staff; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of staff or users of the services or facilities of the Louis Fitzgerald Group or the public.
Is my information sent outside the European Union?
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for one of our suppliers, in which case the third country’s data protection laws will have been approved as adequate by the European Commission, or other applicable safeguards are in place as set out in the GDPR.
The information generated by the cookies about your use of our website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our website, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
What is the legal basis for you collecting and processing my information?
Irish and EU law sets out the grounds upon which data controllers such as [Organisation] can rely on to lawfully process personal data.
We rely on the following grounds:
- Where you have given us consent to the processing of your personal data for a specific purpose, for example for marketing purposes;
- The processing is necessary to fulfil our contract with you.
- The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, for example, to comply with Revenue requirements;
- The processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of a staff member or another person, for example, an attendee at a training course in a medical emergency;
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by [Organisation] or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the member, especially a child. Some marketing might take place under this heading, but never to children;
What are my rights, and how do I exercise them?
Below we outline the rights you have in relation to the data we hold about you. If you wish to have detailed information on your rights please go to our SUBJECTS’ RIGHTS POLICY pages for full details and Forms to enable you to contact us to exercise any of the rights outlined here:
- Access – you have the right to find out what data we hold about you, and to get a copy of the data;
- Restriction of Processing – you have the right to ask us not to process some data, or not process in a particular way, in certain circumstances;
- Right to object – you have the right to object to our processing of your data when we are processing it on the basis of our legitimate interests, for direct marketing purposes, or for statistical purposes;
- Right to data portability -if we are processing by automated means your personal information that you gave us, on the basis of your consent or on the basis that it is necessary for the performance of a contract with us, you may ask us to provide the personal information to you in a machine-readable format;
- Right of Rectification – if you believe that data we hold about you is inaccurate then you have the right to ask us to change and or correct it;
- Right of erasure – in certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to erase the information we hold about you. This is not an unlimited right, and we can discuss the issue with you if required;
- Complaint – you have the right to complain to the Data Protection Commission if you feel that we are in breach of any of your rights. We would ask that you contact us first, to enable us to try to deal with the matter to your satisfaction.
DATA PROTECTION COMMISSION
21 Fitzwilliam Square
Phone: +353 57 868 4800 or +353 761 104 800
LoCall: 1 890 25 22 31
Fax: +353 57 868 4757
Can I stop getting emails, text messages and other communications from you?
If you no longer wish us to contact you in a particular way, e.g. no longer send you text messages, just advise us of that and we will respect your wishes.
As a customer of the Louis Fitzgerald Group, it is necessary for us to contact you from time to time in connection with services, for example, to ensure your data is correct.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications by electronic means, just use the opt-out facility in any of our communications, OR advise us at email@example.com
You may also write to us or telephone us at:
The Louis Fitzgerald Group,
Tel: +353 1 6262379
Is my information secure?
The Louis Fitzgerald Group secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
The Louis Fitzgerald Group secures the personal data you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
When personal data is transmitted to other Web sites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
Documents or copies which are held by the Louis Fitzgerald Group are always kept in secure lockable storage and access is restricted to those who require such access.
Data is retained only for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was obtained.
How long do you keep my information?
Certain data is required by law to be maintained for specific minimum periods and [Organisation] will retain such personal data for the period mandated by each specific law.
A detailed Retention Schedule is being drawn up, and if you would like further information in respect of a particular category of data relating to you, please contact :
firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at :
The Louis Fitzgerald Group,
Tel: +353 1 6262379
How do I contact the Data Protection Commission?
You have the right to complain to the Data Protection Commission if you feel that we are in breach of any of your rights.
We would ask that you contact us first, to enable us to try to deal with the matter to your satisfaction.
Contact us at:
The Louis Fitzgerald Group,
Tel: +353 1 6262379
If you wish to exercise any of the rights you have in respect of your data, please see our Subject Rights’ Policy and Forms.